If you are staying in the bay for a week or a weekend there is loads to do in Robin Hood’s Bay and the surrounding area. Below is a suggested list of activities that should make a full day for the family.
Day 1 – Scarborough
- Scarborough Castle
- Scarborough Sea Life
- Peasholm Park
- Playdale Farm and park
Day 2 – Whitby
- Whitby Abbey
- Whitby Museum including Pannett Park and Play area
- Church Street
- Whitby town and harbour
- Boat Ride
Day 3 – North Yorkshire Moors
- North York Moors Railway – Ride from Whitby into the moors and visit :-
- Newton Dale – accessible from the railway and has some good family walks
- National Park
Day 4 – Cycling
- The Scarborough-Whitby railway cycle path (disused railway line) is a good family day out and bikes can be hired at Trailways if needed.
- Dalby forest near Scarborough has many family cycle trails with cycle hire facilities and “Go Ape!”
- Esk Valley Railway – Great information for cycling trips via the Whitby Railway
- Moors to Coast Cycle Route – Good mixture of cycle routes from Dalby to Robin Hood’s Bay to Scarborough.
Day 5 – Short walks around or near Robin Hood’s Bay
- Robin hood’s Bay to Boggle hole and back ~ 1 mile
- Robin Hood’s Bay to Boggle Hole and back on land. The youth hostel at Boggle Hole has a cafe.
- The beach at Sandsend. There is a cliff walk to the north ~ 3miles and the beach is perfect.
- Hayburn Wyke. There is a good family pub with short walk to the beach and water fall ~ 2 miles
- Falling Foss – Short walk and water fall ~ 1mile. Walk from the carpark and back again. Dont forget to visit the Falling Foss Tea Garden
Day 6 – Longer walks around Robin Hood’s Bay
- Walk to Ravenscar and back (using either the beach, cliff top walk or railway line) ~ 7 miles. Try the afternoon tea in the Ravenhall Hotel
- Walk to Whitby one way with taxi or bus back (either on the cliff top or railway line) ~7 miles
- Falling Foss – walk and water fall ~ 7 mile. Dont forget to visit the Falling Foss Tea Garden
- Esk Valley Railway – Great information for walking trips via the Whitby Railway
Day 7 – Villages
- Staithes – a beautiful fishing village
- Runswick Bay – another beautiful fishing village
- Sandsend – a beautiful village with great beach with tea room aplenty
- Ruswarp – rowing boats and miniature railway and Mini Monsterz
Day 8 – Robin Hood’s Bay village and beach
- You have already over stayed your holiday so you will have to come back again to do this bit :o)